Marketer Real Estate Technologies AS, org. no. 922 540 535 ("Marketer"), has developed and operates newbuilds.com, an international residential platform for new construction only (the "Platform"). On the Platform, both upcoming and ready-to-sell housing projects will be posted, so that both you who are just a little curious or are ready to live in a new home can get a full overview and register as an interested party.
Marketer, represented by the CEO, is data controller and responsible for the processing of your personal data. The data controller decides the purpose of the processing of personal data, and which means are to be used for the processing.
Contact person: Kasper Johnsen
Visiting address: Tjuvholmen Allé 3, 0252 Oslo
Telephone (customer service): +47 23 96 69 07
What Personal Data we process, and the purpose and legal basis for the processing
Marketer processes personal data about users of the Platform, those who register as an interested party on the Platform, contact persons at customers, suppliers and other partners, and persons who contact Marketer, e.g. by sending an inquiry via the Platform.
Marketer collects the personal data about you in various ways, such as when you register as an interested party on the Platform, from your use of the Platform or via telephone / e-mail or other means of contact, and in connection with our cooperation with suppliers and customers where we receive your personal data from you or your employer or client.
Marketer processes personal data for the following purposes and processing basis:
- Interested party administration: to register interested parties and inform about and send updates on current and future projects you have expressed your interest in and to map interested parties' preferences etc. This may involve processing personal data such as first name, last name, gender, e-mail address, telephone number and preferences related to projects that the interested party states. The consequence of not providing such information is that Marketer cannot register you as an interested party, user or provide you with information about relevant projects. The treatment is based on consent that the interested party has given when registering as an interested party or on the basis of a balance of interests. Marketer's legitimate interest is to assist you.
- To share personal data with our partners, such as developers and real estate agents, including to ensure further follow-up of those who have registered as interested parties. This processing will be based on your consent, which is given in connection with you registering as an interested party on the Platform. The relevant partner will be responsible for processing the personal data it collects and processes.
- Respond to inquiries we receive, for example via the Platform, where we process names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and any personal data that may result from the inquiry. The treatment is based on a balance of interests, where our legitimate interest is to be able to handle and answer such inquiries.
- Send out marketing and newsletters, for example about other projects, if you have agreed to this, where we process your name, telephone number and e-mail address.
- System testing, quality assurance, troubleshooting and other processing necessary to improve our services. The basis for the treatment is Marketer's legitimate interest in improving its services, as well as delivering flawless services to its users.
- Administration of relationships with suppliers, customers and other partners, where names and contact information for employees of suppliers, customers and other partners are processed, in addition to personal information contained in contracts, current correspondence, meeting minutes, etc. The treatment is based on a balance of interests, where our legitimate interest is to manage the supplier, customer or partner relationships, including communicating with our designated contact persons.
- Compliance with statutory requirements and legal obligations, such as requirements in accounting legislation, and to comply with other requirements or requests from public authorities.
- Safeguarding the rights of Marketer or those of any third parties, including to establish, assert or defend a legal claim that we believe has, or is directed against us by users of the Platform, interested parties, customers, suppliers, partners, other third parties or public authorities.
Retention of personal information
Marketer will not store your personal data longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data was collected. If the processing is based on consent, the processing will cease when you withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
The personal data will nevertheless be stored for as long as it is necessary for Marketer to fulfil statutory requirements and legal obligations, including requirements for continued storage in accordance with accounting legislation, and to the extent necessary to safeguard Marketer's rights.
Protection of personal data
Marketer takes your privacy seriously and has implemented adequate security measures to protect your personal data against breaches of personal data security and unauthorized access to and disclosure of personal data.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Marketer will only disclose personal data to third parties if there is a legal basis for this.
Marketer may use data processors to collect, store or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. The relationship with such data processors will be regulated through data processing agreements, which, among other things, ensure confidentiality and safeguarding of personal data at all levels.
Your personal data may be the subject of processing or storage outside the EU / EEA. In this case, Marketer will ensure that your personal data is subject to adequate security guarantees, through the use of EU standard terms for such transfer or by transfer to countries pre-approved by the EU Commission and by implementing other measures necessary to safeguard your rights. Contact us if you want more information about this.
Marketer will also be able to hand over personal data to our partners, such as developers and real estate agents, including to ensure further follow-up of those who have registered as interested parties. Such disclosure will be based on your consent, which is given in connection with your registration as an interested party on the Platform. The relevant partner will be responsible for processing the personal data it collects and processes.
Markets may in some cases disclose personal data to public authorities to meet statutory requirements or comply with government requests, for example to comply with obligations under accounting or tax legislation. Public authorities will in such matters be responsible for processing the personal data we provide.
Links to other sites and social media
When you "like" or become a member of Marketer's Facebook page or Marketer's pages on other social media, this will be shared with the relevant platform. The same goes for other activities on Marketer's pages on social media, such as content you post and posts you like. The relevant platform will be responsible for the personal data it collects and processes. More information about this treatment and your rights follows from the individual platform's privacy policies.
You have the right to demand access, correction, or deletion of the personal data Marketer processes about you if the conditions for this are met. You also have the right to demand limited processing, direct objection to the processing and data portability (right to have personal data handed over or transferred in a suitable format), where the conditions for this are met. If the treatment is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by using the contact information provided above in the Introduction.
You have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. We encourage you to address any objections to Marketer's processing of personal data with us first.
If we make changes to the processing of personal data that requires your consent, we will obtain your consent before we implement such changed processing.
Last updated: August 25, 2021